Saturday, March 7, 2009

Prayer for the Church

How's your prayer life?  
  Every day I get reminders about the power and meaning and joy of prayer.  Many things bring prayers of thanksgiving to my mind and heart
  • The Eastleigh Team meets a kid who has just come out on the streets.
  • I go to the park with the grandchildren and play and hike.
  • One of the street youth students decides to be baptized into Jesus (such as Millicent last Sunday - she is one of the "moms" in our Eastleigh program)
  • A Team member decides to be a long-term street minister with MITS.
  • Darlene and I meet with a USA church that is excited about street ministry.
  

 There is also much that calls for sober and continual prayers for help
    A street student turns 18 and prepares to leave MITS for a job or internship.
    A student runs after being with us for two years.
    A student's relative dies and we deal with grief.
    Last week Francis Mbuvi sent me two pictures of the church meeting at Kamulu, pictures which he showed to the church and told them he was sending them to me so I could pray for them. Here is a pic of part of the church.  There's Jane and Mama Caro near the front and Kennedy waving from the back.  My heart is very  much with them.  Most of us will be with a church somewhere tomorrow morning.  When you sit down in the pew or chair, please stop a moment and pray for the Kamulu church, the street kids of the world, and give thanks for the church you are part of.  And God's powerful Spirit can then be unleashed in the church.


No comments: