Wednesday, January 4, 2012

During the Holiday

I was walking to Starbucks with Darlene. It's 20 minutes. It was Dec 29, and I was thinking about Anna and Simeon, waiting in Jerusalem to meet Jesus. They were heralds of the new year, the new age of King Jesus. I like that woman. I was close to tears, unable to talk to Darlene about it, remembering another time I cried in the middle of a seminar over the absolute goodness of God. I like Anna. Her whole life was worth living for the moment she met Jesus. We have no idea what she may have suffered, what griefs she had, what joys. But this was the big moment, the moment she was living for. As Simeon says, "now I can die in peace." I like him too. And it is so for us. When we meet Jesus, life is made. We could die in peace. What is truly wonderful is that we get to keep on living, with Him, knowing him every day, walking to Starbucks with Jesus. And always the surprising work he has for us to do.

No comments: