Friday, January 17, 2014

The Book Game


We went by a used goods store and found a trivia game on the Bible.  And it has beginner, intermediate, advanced and children's questions on the cards.  So we played with the kids.  We divided up the adults and kids and every other turn the kids answered the children's questions then the adults answered the advanced questions.  Great fun, and we all learned some things.  I thought I knew all about the book of Revelation, but I did not know that the angel who had the "Seal of the Living God" was from the EAST!  And Darlene did not know how old Ishmael was when he died.  We were on opposite teams, so I didn't have to admit that I didn't know it was 137 years either.  

It took me down memory lane.  I remember as a child that my grandmother had a deck of cards published by someone in Texas that had a Bible person's name at the top with 7 questions about that person.  There were maybe 300 cards.  My grandmother and I played many times and learned all the facts on those cards.  I could have klepped out of some courses when I went to ACU if they were doing that in the long ago.  But then I would have missed having Ferguson for Old Testament and Malherbe for New Testament and Tony for Life of Christ.  That would have been a great loss.  

It's no loss to do something similar with our grandkids.  

No comments: