Friday, May 6, 2016

Always Room for Improvement

It's great to be in Kenya -- great because of the Team I work with at Made in the Streets.  Even though I am never fully satisfied with everything, I am still very happy.  Just now I'm not satisfied with our chapel time...and with our farming...and with our timeliness...I want everything to be perfect for our kids.  And one of the adages I live by is "there is always room for improvement."

And I do see improvement this past year - in our work with graduates in their spiritual lives and their places of work...in our classes at the Literacy Center...in the effectiveness of our street ministry...in the plans we have to spread Sunday schools in many congregations...in the decisions of 4 of our Team members about who they will marry!!!

I'm most happy that Darlene will arrive tomorrow night, Lord willing.  Now that is an improvement for my life!

This picture is one drawn by a street kid for us - from Jesus' story about the great catch of fish. We began to use this story this year on the streets to make clear to the young people what our mission is and to encourage them to be part of the solution!


No comments: