Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Have a LifExciting Day

Andy Wall began Sunday's sermon at Conejo Valley Church with a vignette of two characters walking along discussing the first thing they think of when they wake up in the morning. Pooh Bear thinks of "food" (which makes him a soulmate to street kids), but Piglet answers that he thinks of "what exciting things will happen today." So I thought -- let's see what exciting happens in MY day today. I've written down Sunday's events for you.

1. I woke up in the morning and the first sight to meet my eyes is someone who loves me.
2. I had breakfast with granddaughters.
3. I read a little of the newspapers and discovered that Oklahoma Univ. won the football game.
4. I saw Jerry Rushford, and he confirmed that Darlene and I are invited to lead a class at Pepperdine Lectures in 2008 - Ap 28 to May 2.
5. I saw Zane and Debbie Williams at church; they are from Otter Creek church, where we met them, and Zane had sent me a song of his called "Africa I Heard You Cry." Turns out he has in a youth group that our daughter and son-by-marriage worked with, and they had lunch with him just before he left to go to college years ago. And I got to hear him sing the Africa song.
6. I got an email from an Aggie for Christ who wants to come and do an internship at Made in the Streets for 6 months - and she comes highly recommended by people I trust.
7. Darlene and I met in the evening with a group of people very interested in a trip to Nairobi to serve street kids and our Team in 2008.
8. Krista (one of the granddaughters) wanted to ride to church in the car with me.
9. Alexis (another one) wanted me to play with her and stitch a board with yarn.
10. Morgan (the third one) wanted to wear my reading glasses and sit in my lap and hug me and say "I love you."

Let's not ever get used to have non-exciting days. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

peace and joy, charles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the updates!
-Julie Klippel

michelle said...

Reading you blog site make me feel like I am sitting at the table having a cup of coffee with you and Darlene...always a treat!
Michelle