Friday, December 21, 2012

Remembering Mom


Merry Christmas to all our friends and enemies!  It's Christmas 2012, and I'm thinking about Jesus, and remembering the last Christmas I spent with my mother.  We were visiting the family in Oklahoma, while we lived in Redwood City, CA, and I was taking Mom back and forth to Wichita Falls for cancer treatments in 1978.  Our next visit was in early 1979 when she lay dying.  That was 33 years ago, and I was thinking about Jesus living about 33 years.  And here I have been granted 69+, a great gift of life.  

Here is a picture of the "Ross women," which includes my Mom with her hands on me.  Wow! I got guns for Christmas - those are the last ones I owned, so gun control doesn't have much to do with me.  Also pictured are her mother and grandmother - that was the last time I saw my great grandmother. 

You never forget having been loved by a mother.  That is one of the reasons street ministry means so much to us.  We have been loved by mothers, and so many kids miss that.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just caught up on all of your December blogs and am ending with a prayer for you and your sweet family. Thanks for being one of my mentors. Blessings, Michelle

X said...

Charles, I am glad you are writing your blog more frequently. I appreciate your words of wisdom and inspiration thoughts.